There are Five Pillars that Islam stands on and Today I will be shedding light on this pillars
The Five pillars are as follows
- Faith (shahada). This is the profess of one’s belief that Allah is the only god, that Prophet Muhammed(SAW) is his messenger.
- Prayer (salat). Allah commanded all Muslims to observe 5 daily prayers. This are Subhi(Early Morning) Zuhri(Early Afternoon), Asri (Late Afternoon), Magrib (After Sunset), Ishai (Night). This are compulsory prayers.
- Alms (zakat). Allah commanded all Muslims to perform zakat (alms give) HE says pay the poor their due.
- Fasting (sawm). Quran 2 v 183 states - “O ye who believe! Fasting is prescribed for you, even as it was prescribed for those before you, that ye may ward off (evil);. So Muslims fast in the month of Ramadan.
- Pilgrimage (hajj).Quran 2 v 196 state - “ Perform the pilgrimage and the visit (to Makka) for Allah. And if ye are prevented, then send such gifts as can be obtained with ease, and shave not your heads until the gifts have reached their destination. And whoever among you is sick or hath an ailment of the head must pay a ransom of fasting or almsgiving or offering. And if ye are in safety, then whosoever contenteth himself with the visit for the pilgrimage (shall give) such gifts as can be had with ease. And whosoever cannot find (such gifts), then a fast of three days while on the pilgrimage, and of seven when ye have returned; that is, ten in all. That is for him whoso folk are not present at the Inviolable Place of Worship. Observe your duty to Allah, and know that Allah is severe in punishment.”