WHO CAN GIVE BLOOD ?
Most people can give blood as long as they meet up with the caterial needs to be met with. You can give blood if you:
* Are fit and healthy without health complications.
* Weigh between 7 stone 12 lbs and 25 stone, or 50kg and 158kg
* Are at aged between 17 and 66 (or 70 if you have given blood before)
HOW OFTEN YOU CAN DONATE?
Men can give blood every 12 weeks after the last donation while women can give blood every 16 weeks. Men are able to donates more blood than women because of most loss of blood in women during mensuration.
A lot of things are needed to check if the donor can donate blood, the donor should be fit and well checked for donation.
Donors should check if they can donate blood for the following reasons:
* If you are receiving medical or hospital treatment
* If you are taking medication
* After travelling outside of the country
* After having a tattoo or piercing
* During and after pregnancy
* If you feel ill
* If you have cancer
* After receiving blood, blood products or organs