– Manchester United have not scored a Premier League hat-trick since Sir Alex Ferguson’s penultimate home game in charge. Robin van Persie’s brilliant treble against Aston Villa that secured their last title was six-and-a-half years ago.
– In the final six-and-a-half years of Ferguson’s reign, since 2007, the Red Devils netted 13 hat-tricks.
– Of all the current Premier League clubs, only Brighton and Sheffield United have not boasted a Premier League hat-trick scorer since United’s last; the Blades have spent all but 11 games in the Championship.
– Since United’s last hat-trick, Manchester City have scored 15, with Sergio Aguero netting 11 of them.
– Harry Kane has helped himself to eight trebles for Spurs, while Liverpool have scored seven.
– Other players to score multiple hat-tricks since United’s last: Raheem Sterling, Luis Suarez, Romelu Lukaku (all three), Alexis Sanchez, Christian Benteke, Ayoze Perez, Jamie Vardy, Eden Hazard, Mo Salah, Callum Wilson (all two).
– Former United forwards Lukaku, Sanchez and Wayne Rooney have all scored three times in one game for other teams at least once since a United player last took home a match ball.
Requires LoginThis Post has reached maximium comment limit