Groundnut otherwise known as Peanut is one of the Best sources of Protein. Daily consumption of groundnut is very beneficial to our health. It can be boiled, roasted or fried. It is important to know that boiled groundnut is more nutritious!
Several studies have revealed that Groundnuts can be very useful for weight loss and reduce the risk of heart diseases (cardiovascular diseases).
Here are some Amazing Benefits of Boiled Groundnuts:
1. Boost Memory: Groundnut contains vitamin B3 or niacin which helps greatly in boosting memory power and normal brain functioning.
2. Helps in Weight loss: Boiled Groundnuts are very filling and can be considered as an effective component of a weight loss diet compared to the roasted type. so eating groundnut as a snack can elicit stronger feelings of fullness, and enhance nutrient intake without causing weight gain.
3. Promotes Heart health: Research have shown that people who eat groundnut regular are less likely to die of heart diseases or stroke. Groundnut and other nuts can lower Bad cholesterol (LDL) levels. This Bad cholesterol (Low density Lipoprotein) is responsible for blockage of blood vessels.
4. Boost hair growth: Recent studies have shown that groundnut contains all amino acid and protein, which makes it effective in rapid growth of hairs.
5. Helps fight Depression: Groundnut is a rich source of a protein known as Tryptophan, which is an essential amino acid that is responsible for the production of a Brain chemical (Neurotransmitters) known as Serotonin which is involved in Mood regulation.
6. Promotes Fertility: Groundnut contains a good amount of Folate. So, Women who eat up to 400micrograms of groundnut daily before and during pregnancy have a reduced risk of giving birth to a baby with neural tube disorder.
So , you can start enjoying the above benefits by eating a handful of groundnut today!