The Niger State Police Command on Saturday confirmed the death of seven females from generator fumes at Rijau town, in Rijau Local Government Area of the state.
The state Commissioner of Police, Mr. Adamu Usman, told the News Agency of Nigeria in Minna that one Mohammed Bello, the district Head of Rijau, reported the incident at Rijau, Divisional Police station.
Usman said, “On July 31 at about 08:15 hours, one Alhaji Mohammed Bello reported the discovery of seven bodies inside Afrash Beauty Saloon located along Bawa Rijau road.
Preliminary investigation revealed that the ladies slept with generator on inside the shop.
“We have successfully removed the seven corpses to General Hospital Tunga Magaji for autopsy, while the case is under investigation
The Commissioner of Police advised residents to always adopt proactive measures while using generators to avoid unnecessary loss of lives and property.
Requires LoginThis Post has reached maximium comment limit