There are various health benefits one can derive from consuming Soya beans and the include:
1) Cancer fighting properties: Soyabean helps to fight against breast cancer in women and prostrate cancer in men because of the isoflavones – a phyto nutrient in soy which helps to shrink Cancer cells. Soya beans is also effective against other Cancer in various parts of the body.
2) Potassium: Soya beans is rich in the heart-friendly mineral called potassium. A cup of Soya bean contains about 886 milligrams of potassium which is double of what is contained in a medium-sized banana which is one-third of what the body needs per day.
Potassium helps to keep the blood pressure in check and prevent high blood pressure and excessive heart beat rate, potassium helps the Kidneys filter wastes from the body and enables the nerves to work properly.
3) Fibre: 10 grams of fibre is contained per cup of Soya beans and fibre is important to the body especially the large intestine as it stimulates bowel movements. Lack of bowel movements leads to constipation, growth of harmful bacteria in the gut, Colon Cancer and various Intestinal diseases
4) Bone strength: Soya beans contains a component called isoflavones which increases bone mass and density. This is mostly recommended for women who have entered menopause because the isoflavones mimics the female hormone , Estrogens which helps to strengthen bones.
5) Proteins: Soya beans is rich in Proteins and protein are needed for repair of body tissues and old cells. Soya bean is a good source of protein for vegetarians and being a plant food excess fat is not available here.
6) Iron: A cup of Soya beans contains 9 milligrams of iron and Men need 8 milligrams of iron per day while women needs 18 milligrams of iron daily. Iron is an element which forms haemoglobin, a pigment that helps to circulate oxygen to body cells.